Monday, March 3, 2014

R.I.O.T. Highlights!



Happy Monday, SACS Family!!  Hope you are warm and toasty this cold March morning!  Last week was the Middle School's traditional spirit week called RIOT (Ridiculous Idiot Outrageous Things) which basically means FUN!

On "Super Hero" day this lovely group of staff and faculty dressed as the famous Dr. Thomas Erbaugh, super hero principal of the MS.
When asked why Dr. Erbaugh is their super hero, answers included:

Super Hero and Dr. Erbaugh come together for me as I’ve watched him work faithfully, diligently and patiently with our students, our faculty and ME for the 11 years he has been our Principal here at the Middle School.  A description of a hero:  “somebody who is admired for outstanding qualities or achievements”.  Dr. Erbaugh has always been willing to put himself on the line for our students, our teachers and staff even when it is tough.  We always know where he stands and we ALWAYS know his desire is for God’s best. - Miriam Corbin, MS administration

Wow!  Where do I start to tell how Dr. Erbaugh is a super hero?  
Dr. Erbaugh loves the Word.  He shares daily with the kids by giving a devotion.  I am always inspired by what he shares with us.  
He stands in the gap for us.  When I mentioned this to the kids, they asked what that meant!  It means that he if there is ever a question of my integrity or what I have done, he stands by me.  He is very supportive of his teachers.  He makes sure we have the tools we need to do our job. 
Dr. E has an open door policy.  He is always there to ask questions or discuss concerns.  Nothing is considered “out of line.” 
He has a sense of humor.  If we take ourselves or our situation too seriously, he helps us laugh through it. 
He is a prayer warrior.  If I go with a concern from school or at home, I know he is going to pray about it. 
Dr. Erbaugh loves the kids and mentors those who struggle.  He also has an open door policy with them.  “Come in, share your heart, you are special to me,” is his silent message.     
I could go on and on, but these are the foremost things that stand out in my mind.  Dr. Erbaugh is a true super hero!  -Denise Moore, MS Faculty



SACS is full of super heroes and it is so much fun to see one of the greatest honored by his team!

Watch the weather Tuesday...we are in a Winter Storm Warning for Tuesday morning...and the fun goes on!!

                                                                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Of course, your comment is respectful and kind, but should it not be, it may not appear. All comments are subject to approval before publication.